Tomatoes are one of the most versatile vegetables in the world… or fruit if you want to be picky about it. They look so delicious that they garnish a countless assortment of dishes. Not only do they look good, but they also blend well across a variety of culinary textures and flavors. For instance tomatoes can be sliced into sandwiches, diced into salads, stewed into soups, or even pureed into sauces. Whether you eat them as part of a hearty meal, or nibble on them as a quick snack, you can’t go wrong with this delectable little treat. Here’s a quick recipe for Marinated Tomatoes that anyone can prepare on-the-go:
3 Large Tomatoes
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 Teaspoon of Salt (Optional)
¼ Teaspoon of Pepper
½ a Garlic Clove (Minced)
2 Tablespoons of Chopped Onion
1 Tablespoon of Minced Fresh Parsley
1 Tablespoon of Minced Fresh Basil
• 10-Minute Preparation Time.
• Recipe Makes 8 Servings.
1. Cut the tomatoes into thick slices.
2. Arrange the tomato slices into a large shallow dish. The dish should be deep enough for them to be drenched.
3. In a separate container, combine and stir all the other ingredients until they’re mixed together.
4. Pour the oil mixture into the dish with the tomato slices and gently turn them to make sure they get immersed in the oil.
5. Cover the dish and refrigerate the tomatoes for at least two hours.
6. Serve when ready.
Tomatoes aren’t just delicious, they’re also packed with nutritious vitamins and minerals. For example: tomatoes stabilize blood pressure, prevent cardiovascular disease, contribute to bone health, contain insoluble fibers and provide numerous other health benefits. You can enjoy this Marinated Tomato recipe on its own as a snack, or use it to complement any other dish of your choice. If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative workshops and events listed on our website and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, or overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (888) 823-7757 to find out how RISE Programs can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.