5 Bad Habits that Make People Feel Older
Aging is an inevitable part of life. At someone or another, every person simply has to accept the fact that hair goes grey, wrinkles form, and it gets a little harder with each passing day to be active or energized. Just because aging is inescapable however doesn’t mean everybody ages in the same way. Lifestyle actually has a big impact on how quickly people grow old. On one hand, a healthy and holistic lifestyle prolongs youth, whereas, on the other hand, unhealthy lifestyle fatigues the body and causes premature symptoms of aging. If you happen to feel constantly tired or frustrated doing basic daily tasks, chances are you’re leading a lifestyle which is overwhelming your body.
Here are some common harmful behaviors that typically turn people into senior citizens long before they even hit 60:
- Smoking – Smoking causes numerous problems beyond cancer. It also causes sagging skin and wrinkles around the mouth elicited by repetitive puckering.
- Washing Your Face Excessively – Washing your face more than twice a day dissolves natural oils from the skin and cause it to develop wrinkles due to dryness.
- Eating Junk Food – Fatty foods contribute to obesity and obesity deteriorates physical fitness rapidly. The more overweight a person is, the faster bone and joint strength diminish.
- Stressing – Being in a bad mood doesn’t just feel bad, it releases hormones and toxins in the body which cause symptoms of pain and discomfort.
- Sleep Deficits – Being a night owl might help you get things done during the day, but going without plenty of sleep over time slows down alertness.
Regardless of what age you are at this very moment, it’s important to consistently make healthy lifestyle choices and take good care of your body. Life can get so hectic that it often feels like there’s no harm in pushing the limits just to take care of business. But if you keep overexerting yourself, all the harmful sacrifices you make here and there will eventually take their toll. You only have one life, and one body. Protect and take care of it, and it will protect and take care of you – a decade after decade. If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative workshops and events listed on our website and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, or overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (888) 823-7757 to find out how The RISE Programs Academy for Business Coaching and Leadership Training can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.