5 Easy Ways to Keep the Eye of the Tiger
Whether or not you’re a big fan of golf, chances are you’ve seen recent headlines of an astonishing Tiger Woods win. On April 14, 2019, Tiger Woods secured a fifth Master’s Tournament victory, and a 15th major title in the process. This win didn’t just add to his legacy of success, it represented a comeback from years of dormancy and setbacks. Prior to donning a fifth Green Jacket, Woods had basically been publicly written off as a failure in light of embarrassing personal scandals and career-threatening injuries. Nonetheless, through sheer determination and intrepid power of will, Woods has once again risen to the top of Golf’s leaderboard at the age of 43. He has overcome adversity to prove that his success story is far from over.
It’s Never a Cake Walk
If there’s anything to be learned from Woods’ historic victory, it’s simply that perseverance pays off. This is a platitude which most people have probably heard ad nauseam, but the truth behind it can’t possibly be exaggerated. No human being born into this world will ever experience a life that is completely free of challenges. Tragedy strikes anyone, at any time. The difference between winning and losing in life boils down to how well you learn from mistakes and how you react to difficult circumstances. Once you realize that you have the power and ability to adapt and survive in any situation, life’s problems stop being dead-ends and they turn into speedbumps.
Here are a few tips on how to get past challenging problems and setbacks:
- Keep your eye on the Prize – The worst thing that can happen to someone dealing with tribulation is losing sight of the big picture. Whenever something threatens your progress, concentrate on the ultimate goal you’re trying to accomplish. This helps eliminate temporary or meaningless distractions.
- Believe in Yourself – Where there’s a will there’s a way. That being said, if your will to succeed is weak, your execution will falter and collapse. Have some faith both in the goal you’re trying to accomplish, and the fact that you are capable of reaching that goal. You are the only one who can truly motivate yourself to accomplish big things.
- Don’t Panic – Allowing yourself to get thrown off-balance by unexpected situations leads to poor judgment and misguided decision-making. The fresher a problem is, the more important it is to keep your wits about you in order to make purposeful decisions. Stay calm – especially when the sky is falling.
- Tune out the Noise – Sometimes, life’s problems are accompanied by a chorus of critics. Naysayers and haters won’t hesitate to discourage you and undermine your efforts. Ignore them. The more credence you give to people who don’t understand your truth, the faster you sabotage the chances of your own success.
- Keep Improving – Life’s problems always create an opportunity to learn from mistakes and build on experience. Never allow a difficult situation to pass by without asking yourself what you should have learned, or if you are equipped to withstand a similar problem in the future. If a difficult challenge doesn’t kill you, do everything in your power to emerge sharper and stronger for having survived it.
Whenever people go through hard times, it seems ridiculous to imagine that the tables could ever turn. Life is not static however, It’s dynamic. Whether good or bad, everything about the human experience transpires in seasons and cycles. If you allow yourself to be patient and keep trying, the gargantuan challenges you face today will fade into minuscule ancient memories as you take a long-awaited victory lap. So, no matter what! , never give up. Perseverance pays. If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative workshops and events listed on our website and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, or overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (888) 823-7757 to find out how The RISE Programs Academy for Business Coaching and Leadership Training can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.