Fruits and vegetables are supposed to be an inseparable part of a healthy diet. So much so that nutritionists advise people to eat at least 2 cups of fruit, and at least 3 cups of vegetables, per day. The easiest way to meet this requirement is to serve meals which have concentrated portions of either fruits or vegetables. For example, fruit smoothies or vegetable soups can double, or even triple, daily intake of fresh nutrients, without the hassle of overeating. Here’s a vegetable soup recipe that will energize you with! plenty of vitamins, minerals, and natural fiber.
Ingredients (Makes 5 Servings)
Seasoned Nuts and Seeds
- ¼ Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon of Ground Coriander
- ¼ Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 Cup of toasted/crushed Walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon of Nigella Seed
- 1 Tablespoon of Toasted Sesame Seed
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Turmeric
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup of Diced Carrots
- 1 Cup of Diced Celery
- 1 Cup of Diced Parsnip
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1 Sliced Avocado
- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 Bunch of Sliced Fresh Spinach
- 2 Bunches of Sliced Kale
- 2 Cups of Chopped Asparagus
- 2 Cups of Broccoli Florets
- 2 Sliced Onions
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 3 Cups of Vegetable Broth
- Coconut Cream (Garnish)
Seasoned Nuts and Seeds – Prep
- In a small bowl, combine all the listed Seasoned Nuts/Seeds ingredients and mix together.
- Once the mixture is evenly combined, set it aside for garnish later.
Soup – Prep
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium/high heat.
- Add the carrot, onion, celery, parsnip, garlic, & salt. Stir and cook until the vegetables are fully softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and vegetable broth then bring to a boil.
- Add the lemon juice, kale, and spinach, then stir to wilt the greens in the hot soup. Do not cook the greens for longer than about 3 minutes.
- Once the greens have wilted, puree the soup to your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately. Top with coconut cream, avocado, and the spiced seeds/nuts.
If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative workshops and events listed on our website and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, or overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (888) 823-7757 to find out how The RISE Programs Academy for Business Coaching and Leadership Training can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.