There’s nothing more refreshing than quenching your thirst with a huge gulp of delicious soda. Unfortunately, store-bought soda is twice as unhealthy as it is tasty. This is because brand-name soft drinks are produced with extremely high amounts of sugar. To make matters worse, they contain no essential nutrients other than glucose, and they provide zero minerals, vitamins or dietary fiber. If living without soda sounds like an unbearable nightmare to you, no need to panic. You can actually mix homemade soda with fresh a! nd healthy ingredients, right in the comfort of your own kitchen. Here’s a quick soda recipe you can make at home that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Ingredients (Makes 15 Servings)
- ½ Cup of Pureed Watermelon
- ¼ Cup of Lemon Juice
- Fresh Basil Leaves (Torn)
- 1 Bottle of Carbonated Water
- Sliced Lime Wedges (for Garnish)
- Ice Cubes (Enough)
- Combine the Watermelon, Lemon Juice, and Basil over medium heat in a saucepan and simmer for one minute.
- Remove the fruit mixture from heat and let it cool completely.
- Once the fruit mixture is cool, strain it into a separate container.
- Pour ¾ cup of carbonated water into a glass filled with ice.
- Add ¼ cup of the cooled fruit mixture.
- Stir the soda to combine.
- Garnish the soda with a lime wheel.
- Add sugar to taste if the soda needs more flavor.
- Serve chilled.
If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative workshops and events listed on our website and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, or overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (888) 823-7757 to find out how The RISE Programs Academy for Business Coaching and Leadership Training can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.