HERE’S A SAUCY, SAVORY SALAD TO SAMPLE FOR THE SUMMER
Did you know that you don’t have to settle for the routine when it comes to salads? Lettuce doesn’t have to dominate all of the salads you prepare. Neither is store-bought dressing the only choice you have to add flavor to salads. One of the best things you can do to renovate your diet is think outside the box and use colorful ingredients to garnish your salads. Here’s a quick organic recipe which incorporates fruit, nuts, dairy and delicious preservative-free home-made dressing:
Ingredients: (Makes 6 Servings)
¼ Cup chopped and toasted Hazelnuts.
¼ Cup chopped and toasted Walnuts.
2 Tablespoons of chopped Red Onion.
2 Tablespoons of Water.
4 ½ Teaspoons of Balsamic Vinegar.
4 ½ Teaspoons of Sugar.
½ Teaspoon of Sea Salt.
1 Halved Garlic Clove.
1/8 Teaspoon of Paprika.
¼ Cup of Olive Oil.
5 oz. (1 Package) of Spring-Mix Salad Greens.
1 Medium Pear.
½ Cup crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese.
¼ Cup dried Cherries.
1. Blend the dressing. Using a food processor, combine and mix:
· The Hazelnuts
· 1 Tablespoon of the Chopped Onions
Gradually stir in the oil until the ingredients form into a consistent dressing.
2. Combine the salad greens and remaining onions in a mixing bowl.
3. Add ½ a cup of the previously blended dressing to the greens, and toss them to coat each leaf.
4. Slice the pear into thin wedges.
5. Serve six different portions of the tossed salad on separate plates (Feel free to serve as many, or as few portions as necessary).
6. Sprinkle and top each serving with the cheese, cherries, walnuts, and sliced pears.
7. Drizzle the remaining dressing on the salads for added flavor.
One of life’s sweetest pleasures is tasting the delightful crunch of fresh vegetables as you bite down on a leafy salad. And with summer weather starting to warm things up, there’s a good chance that salads are going to take center stage in your daily meals. Remember, you don’t have to settle for all of the cliché options you’re used to. Go ahead and add a little zest to your diet with this adventurous recipe. If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative workshops and events listed on our website and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, or overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (888) 823-7757 to find out how The RISE Programs Academy for Business Coaching and Leadership Training can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.