SIZZLE THINGS UP WITH A CHIMICHURRI SHRIMP AND EGGPLANT SKILLET
Chimichurri sauce is an Argentine condiment typically used to marinate and flavor a variety of dishes. Depending on the ingredients used to prepare it, chimichurri can either come in a green version known as chimichurri verde, or a red version known as chimichurri rojo. Chimichurri’s main herbs and spices give it a savory flavor that especially complements proteins in a delectable way. If you’re looking to add some zest to your menu, here’s a recipe for a Chimichurri Shrimp & Eggplant Skillet that’s sure to add some color to you diet.
2 Cups of White Rice
3 Cups of Diced Fresh Parsley Sprigs
½ Cup of Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
2 Halved Garlic Gloves
2 Teaspoons of Red Wine Vinegar
1½ Teaspoons of Ground Cumin
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
½ Teaspoon of Pepper
1 Pound of Uncooked, Peeled and De-Veined Shrimp
2/3 Cup of Cubed Eggplant
½ Teaspoon of Butter
1 Cup of Chopped Sweet Red Peppers
1 Chopped Medium-Size Onion
1½ Cups of Halved Seedless Red Grapes
· 30-Minute Preparation Time.
· Recipe Makes 6 Servings.
1. Set rice to cook in a saucepan or rice-cooker, then proceed to prepare other components of the dish.
2. Blend the parsley, oregano, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, vinegar, cumin, salt, and pepper into a consistent sauce in a food processor.
3. On medium heat, sauté the eggplant, red pepper, and onion in a small frying pan with butter for one minute until vegetables are tender.
4. Sauté the shrimp in a separate large skillet by shallow frying it for three minutes.
5. Once the shrimp turns pink, add a ¼ cup of the blended parsley sauce, add the sautéed eggplant and stir fry together for one minute.
6. Once the rice has cooked, add it to the skillet with the shrimp and sauce.
7. Combine all remaining ingredients with the rice, including the grapes, then gently stir and fry it till the entire dish heats through.
8. Serve when ready.
Check out more of RISE Programs’ Blogs for helpful advice on healthy living, and remember to spread the word by sharing this post If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative workshops and events listed on our website and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, or overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (888) 823-7757 to find out how The RISE Programs Academy for Business Coaching and Leadership Training can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.