20 PROBLEMS FROM SUCH A SWEET POISON
Sugar is so sweet and makes everything taste better, yet it’s so poisonous and addictive. Sugar is in almost everything these days and has more-or-less become a food villain. Even though people like to think of sugar as a harmless seasoning, it’s actually comparable to hard drugs considering that so many who try to cut back on it experience withdrawals. Think about it. When we eat foods with high amounts of sugar, the reward centers of our brains are activated and we feel joy. The thing is that the more we repeat this cycle of consumption, the more we develop a tolerance for it, which in turn requires us to eat more and more just to get that same level of reward and pleasure. Doesn’t this sound like a drug to you? Sugar has the capacity to function exactly how actual drugs like heroin and cocaine do. Just like drugs, sugar is n! ot good for us and does a lot of damage. Below are 20 ways that this sweet-tasting poison destroys our futures.
1. Suppress the immune system.
2. Interfere with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
3. Weaken eyesight.
4. Cause hypoglycemia.
5. Cause a rapid rise of adrenaline levels in children.
6. Contribute to obesity.
7. Cause arthritis.
8. Cause heart disease and emphysema.
9. Contribute to osteoporosis.
10. Increase cholesterol.
11. Lead to both prostate cancer and ovarian cancer.
12. Contribute to diabetes.
13. Cause cardiovascular disease.
14. Make our skin age by changing the structure of collagen.
15. Produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
16. Increase the body’s fluid retention.
17. Cause headaches, including migraines.
18. Cause depression.
19. Contribute to Alzheimer’s disease.
20. Cause your energy levels to quickly rise and quickly crash
Adapted from 146 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health by Nancy Appleton, Ph.D