The five senses are the most powerful components of human physiology. This is because they are the main channels through which we not only experience life, but survive it as well. For example, if someone can’t feel anything because of numbness, it’s much easier to suffer injuries from accidental cuts and burns. Likewise if someone can’t see anything because of blindness, it becomes much easier to suffer injury from falls or collisions. All the phenomena we endure by way of touch, sight, taste, hearing, or smell, has a direct link both to our emotional state, and overall physical health. This link between our senses and our health is the guiding principle behind the different approaches of alternative medicine, such as aromatherapy.
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is a form of alternative medicine that relies on herbs and essential oils for medical treatment and therapeutic practices. In particular, aromatherapy focuses on the process of absorption through smell. Whereas conventional medicine recommends ingestion of medication in order to nurse ailments, aromatherapy recommends olfaction as the primary way to stimulate and reinforce immunity. There are several ways in which the body can be healed and strengthened by engaging the sense of smell. This is why healers from both conventional and alternative medicine have used aromatherapy as a method of treatment for years.
It’s All about Nature
The foundation of aromatherapy is embrace and use of the organic. In order to obtain the strongest benefit from olfactory processes, practitioners of aromatherapy assemble the purest possible ingredients in their remedies. All aromatherapy treatments involve reduction of natural plant life to concentrated balms typically referred to as essential oils. Depending on the combination of plants used to produce essential oils, the fragrances they contain can either stimulate, soothe or rehabilitate. Imagine how good it feels to smell a fresh pot of coffee early in the morning. Or how sublime it feels to take in the perfume from a bouquet of roses. Every seed and every plant in nature contains molecules that trigger a host of such responses from our bodies when inhaled. Aromatherapy is all about isolating these molecules and using them as ingredients to ! invigorate the mind and body.
It’s time to Refresh
One of the most popular aromatherapy treatments practiced is detoxification. Not only can detoxing through aromatherapy help flush chemical toxins from the body, it can also eliminate toxic thoughts and emotions. Aromatherapy detox is a revitalizing technique which is hassle-free and low-maintenance. Moreover, there’s a wide variety of treatment options beyond simple inhalation to help detox. Detoxifying essential oils can also be combined in cosmetics, perfumes, massages, and even oral supplements. It all depends on your preference of how to make use of the oils. If you’re interested in pursuing an aromatherapy detox, here is a list of essential oils that are key:
1. Fennel Essential Oil: This oil is extracted from crushed seeds of the Foeniculum vulgare plant species. Its fragrance induces feelings of equilibrium and stability.
2. Juniper Essential Oil: This oil is extracted from ground berries and needles of the Juniperus osteosperma plant species. Its fragrance induces feelings of calm.
3. Carrot Seed Essential Oil: This oil is extracted from ground seeds of the Daucus carota plant species. Its fragrance is sweet and rustic.
4. Celery Seed Essential Oil: This oil is extracted from ground seeds of the Apium graveolens plant species. Its spicy, sweet, warm fragrance induces feelings of calm.
5. Lemon Essential Oil: This oil is extracted from cold-pressed rinds of the Citrus limon plant species. Its tropical fragrance induces feelings of tranquility.
6. Tea Tree Essential Oil: This oil is extracted from ground leaves and needles of the Melaleuca alternifolia plant species. Its antiseptic properties make it a good cleansing agent.
7. Grapefruit Essential Oil: This oil is extracted from cold-pressed rinds of the Citrus paradise plant species. Its tropical, warm fragrance induces feelings of joy.
For more information on how to take advantage of the healing properties in these, and many more essential oils, visit https://www.doterra.com/US/en/site/riseprograms. If you like what you just read from our blog, you’ll love the various informative workshops and events listed on our website and social media. Whether you’re interested in personal development, or overall improvement of your business, give us a call at 1 (888) 823-7757 to find out how RISE Programs can help you break past your daily struggles and start soaring in success.
Disclaimer: RISE Programs strongly recommends that you consult with a physician before pursuing any kind of medical treatment. RISE Programs is not a licensed medical care provider, and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific treatment on a medical condition. DO NOT disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of information you received through RISE Programs content. All RISE Programs multimedia content, including text, graphics, images, audio and video, is for general information purposes only.