Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff…And It’s All Small Stuff
Author: Richard Carlson, PH.D
I really like about this book is how easy it is to read. Although Dr. Carlson is a PhD, he doesn’t write in such a way to sound more scholarly but rather very practical. The book gives simple ways to keep the little things from overtaking our lives and each chapter is no more than three pages at the most. Because it’s small and has many pearls of wisdom I recommendation is to keep this book in your car, by your toilet, at work in your drawer, or in your bag. You can easily pull it out when you need a few minutes to recharge and get your mind right.
There are hundreds of tips but here are ten to give you an idea.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Let go the idea that gentle, relaxed people can’t be super achievers.
- Don’t interrupt others or finish their sentences.
- Learn to live in the present moment.
- Become a better listener.
- Choose your battles wisely.
- Remember that everything has God’s fingerprints on it.
- Practice ignoring your negative thoughts.
- Take up Yoga.
- Mind your own business.
This inspiring book tells us literally NOT TO SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF and to stop the things that slow our progress in attaining a life free from stress.